Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Josh Josh is offline

Default Problem Centering Document at 100% in Print Layout View

I tried searching the boards, but I couldn't find an answer to my issue. What
I am trying to do is get the document to appear in the center of my screen at
100% in print layout view. I have Word 2003 at work and I just got a new 24"
widescreen monitor. Since the monitor is so big, when I open a new document
in print layout view, it now shows up on the left side of the screen when the
zoom is set to 100%. It also displays the pages side by side for multi-page
documents. I can get a single document to appear in the middle of the screen
if I increase the zoom to 111%, but the problem with this is that the text
now appears bold, which is very distracting for me. On the flip side, if I
set the zoom to view the whole page, it shrinks the document to 92%, which is
a littler smaller than I would like.

This has been driving me crazy, so if anyone knows how to get the document
to appear in the middle of the screen at 100% zoom I would really appreciate
the help. Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dc dc is offline

Hi Josh,

Click on the View | Print Layout.
If it doesn't bring the document back to the center, try switching from View
| Web Layout and then back to View | Print Layout.

Hope that helps.

DC

"Josh" wrote:

[...]

GRAHAM FREDERICK CUTLER GRAHAM FREDERICK CUTLER is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

[quote=DC;395734]Hi Josh,

Click on the View | Print Layout.
If it doesn't bring the document back to the center, try switching from View
| Web Layout and then back to View | Print Layout.

Hope that helps.

DC

Hi DC.
I tried your suggestion to Josh and it worked fine - no probs.

Thanks!