TPS TPS is offline
Junior Member

Default format change on line changes entire doc

I think I have a problem with my template or style definitions. A few weeks ago this problem started and I can not find how to stop it, now it is happening on other peoples systems whom I share documents with.

When you change the formatting (font, color, bullet, indent, etc) of any line, the formatting is applied to the entire document. The solution is to "undo" and the formatting is only applied to the line selected... example:

i insert a bullet point in front of an existing sentence by clicking the bullet point button
each paragraph in the entire document is now bulleted
click "undo" and all bullets are removed from all paragraphs except the one orginally intended to be bulleted

The same behavior happens with all other formatting options....

Where do I need to fix this??? Its driving me nuts. I've screwed up entire documents and have had to re-format others 4-5 times to get the formating correct due to all the "format" "undo" "re-do" etc going on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

--