Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] erniewyles@hotmail.com is offline

Default Exact spacing from characters in one row to the next.

Spacing from one line of text to another is easily acomplished within one
cell. I simply use the paragraph setting and define my spacing. I have a
document that uses exact spacing of 22.75 points from one line to another.
This is due to my spacing of the numbered pleading along the right side. It
is a document used for court purposes. Now, spacing from one line of text to
another so that the lines match up to the pleading is easy. It's a precise
value (22.75 points), but is matches up exactly. However, the problem comes
in with using tables within my pleaded document. If I have one cell then the
spacing is not a problem, I simply use the same settings under the paragraph
option to space the lines appropriately. So multiple lines within one cell
are lined up to the pleading.

The problem comes in when I add rows to the table. Each row is always just
a little bit off of alignment with the pleading. In other words, the spacing
from the last line of text in row 1 (for example) to the first line of text
in row 2 is just slightly more than 22.75 points. At first it isn't
noticable, but as you add rows to the table the discrepancy becomes easily
apparent. I haven't figured out a way to properly space rows in a table.
Any help? This has been bothering me for years now and I have yet to come up
with a solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You asked the same question last year. See:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...r+thickness%22

The solution I suggest then seemed to work for you. Doesnt it work anymore?

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] erniewyles@hotmail.com is offline

Yes, I know. I realized I had asked the same exact question back in Feb of
08. I realized it just after posting the question again. Should have
searched, huh? I printed out the responses back then and will work on Styles
for improvement on my "spacing" dilemna. thank you, nonetheless.