Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LTI LTI is offline

Default Copying Cell contents between different tables in the same documen

I am using the following technique from-
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

to link the cells together...

1) Insert a plain text content control.
2) Select the control then DeveloperControlsProperies and define a
title for the control (optional)
3) Select the control's text then right click and select "Copy."
4) Postion the cursor where you need the text repeated.
5) Using the Home tab click PastePaste Special and select the
"Paste link" option button. Then in the "As" dropdown select
"Unformatted Text" and click OK
6) Now anytime the text is changed in the initial control and you
exit the control all of the linked copies will update.

This is a great, simple way to do it, but... the link is not automatically
updated. I have to right click on the cell that should have been updated and
click on "update link" to get the text to appear. How do I get it to auto
update the follow on linked cells once I move the cursor out of the
controlling cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LTI LTI is offline

Solved it--- Word Options Display printing options must be turned on to
update the links automatically-
Update Fields Before Printing
Update linked Data Before Printing

"LTI" wrote:

[...]

How do I include revision markings when copying to another documen Eric Microsoft Word Help 6 December 8th 08 04:34 AM
copying colour from a table cell to another table cell Purplejopeg Tables 4 February 20th 08 01:34 PM
Applying table formatting to all the tables in a very long documen Mary Lee Tables 1 August 6th 07 01:46 AM
Copying in cell.. shawn Tables 1 April 30th 07 09:43 PM
how to link contents of a tables cell on the fly turneg02 Microsoft Word Help 0 August 5th 05 03:16 AM