Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hans L[_2_] Hans L[_2_] is offline

Default Row height in template in Word 2000

I have a Word 2000 template. I cannot now remember how I set the various
parameters, but I can figure it out. I have one issue: I would like to set
the row height higher than the default value. Is that possible and how would
I do it?

Regards,

Hans L
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Select the whole table (or specific rows). Click Table Table Properties
and go to the Row tab of the dialog. Check the box and enter the desired
minimum height.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hans L wrote:
I have a Word 2000 template. I cannot now remember how I set the
various parameters, but I can figure it out. I have one issue: I
would like to set the row height higher than the default value. Is
that possible and how would I do it?

Regards,

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hans L[_2_] Hans L[_2_] is offline

Jay, thanks. However, when I open a document based on my template, and I
create a table, I would like the row height to be a value of my choice (a
value that I have specified in the template). Same way that I have specified
for this template that hte font should be Arial 10 p.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Hans L
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hans L wrote:
Jay, thanks. However, when I open a document based on my template,
and I create a table, I would like the row height to be a value of my
choice (a value that I have specified in the template). Same way that
I have specified for this template that hte font should be Arial 10 p.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Hans L

Hi Hans,

I don't believe that's possible. If I recall correctly, Word 2000 doesn't
have a "table style" feature; however, even in Word 2003 or 2007 where that
feature is available, the row height is not one of the elements you can set
as part of a table style.

The best you can do is to create a table with the desired formatting and a
minimal number of rows, and store that table as a formatted AutoText or
AutoCorrect entry. Give the entry a name you can easily remember. Whenever
you want a new table, instead of using the Table menu, insert the entry as
the starting point for the table in the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hans L[_2_] Hans L[_2_] is offline

Thank you, Jay. I will try your suggested solution.

Best regards,

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If I recall correctly, Word 2000 doesn't
have a "table style" feature;

Just to confirm, the most you can do in Word 2000 is select a default Table
AutoFormat.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hans L wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hans L[_2_] Hans L[_2_] is offline

Sorry for being so darn late to thank you, Suzanne, and, again, you, Jay. I
went the autotext route, and it works nicely.

Regards,

Hans L