Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul J[_2_] Paul J[_2_] is offline

Default how to remove spaces in a table

When I cut and paste a table from excel and then want to size the columns to
fit into word, i cant get rid of spaces and the table gets messy when i
change columns. is there an easier way then to go and remove spaces cell by
cell on the table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

If the spaces are at the start or end of the text within the cell, or on
their own, then click the Centre icon (Ctrl+E) then press the Left (Ctrl+L)
or Right (Ctrl+R), or any combination, this will remove any superfluous
spaces/tabs from the table cells, as well as for any text in a Word document.
If you are working on a Word table ensure that you do not have the entire
table selected, as all you will do is Centre and Left/Right to whole table,
and not get rid of the spaces/tabs. I tend to select muliple Columns but not
the last one, do the trick, then select the last column, repeat (just to
ensure my table stays where I want it).
Hope this helps
DeanH