Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robin Robin is offline

Default Different Table Header Row on Page 1

I have a table and in row 1, page 1, are instructions for use of the table.
Row has all the columns merged so that the content spans the width of the
entire table. In row 2, page 1 are the column headings. I would like only
row 2 to be the table header row for all subsequent pages. The document is 5
pages in length.

Shy of deleting the 1st row and putting the content into a text box (just so
it "appears" like part of the table), is there a solution for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I would use a variant of your suggestion. Split the table between the first
two rows, making the first row a separate table and the second row the
actual heading row. Then format the paragraph between the two tables as
Hidden or 1 pt. so that the first table appears to be part of the second.
Format both the first table and the intervening paragraph as "Keep with
next" so that they don't become separated from the rest of the table.

Alternatively, since you have the first row content in a merged cell, you
could just use an ordinary text paragraph, applying a border if necessary to
match the table.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robin" wrote in message
I have a table and in row 1, page 1, are instructions for use of the table.
Row has all the columns merged so that the content spans the width of the
entire table. In row 2, page 1 are the column headings. I would like
only
row 2 to be the table header row for all subsequent pages. The document
is 5
pages in length.

Shy of deleting the 1st row and putting the content into a text box (just
so
it "appears" like part of the table), is there a solution for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robin Robin is offline

Option 1 worked fine. I could not figure out how to format the paragraph
between the two tables as Hidden, so gave it a 0.7pt spacing and removed the
bottom line from table 1 so that there remained only 1 line between the two
tables. Thanx.