Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
frustrated worker frustrated worker is offline

Default stop nested tables occuring in a paste from Excel to Word

I am pasting data from Excel to an already existing table in Word. However
it pastes the data in a nested table inside a single cell in the Word table.
The format symbol immediately disapears, so i can't select overwrite cells.
And even when i can select it, since i paste upwards of 50 times into the
table this gets real old fast.

Is there way to default the setting so that it always overwrites the cells?