Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishelley Mishelley is offline

Default Word Postcards - Mail Merge

I set up an 8.5 x 11 document with 2 up post cards using a Microsoft
template. This document contains images and text. I would like mail merge
addresses from excel onto this. However, when I try to set the merge up as
labels, Word wants to delete the document. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

However, when I try to set the merge up as
labels, Word wants to delete the document.

Can you be more specific? Does Word display a message? If so, what is
it? What did you do immediately before Word displayed the message?

Or what?

(Version of Windows and Word may be helpful).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 17/11/2009 21:14, Mishelley wrote:
I set up an 8.5 x 11 document with 2 up post cards using a Microsoft
template. This document contains images and text. I would like mail merge
addresses from excel onto this. However, when I try to set the merge up as
labels, Word wants to delete the document. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Just cancel that message, and even though you do so, the document will have
been converted to a mail merge label type document to which you can attach a
data source.

It may be best however not to rely on the propogate facility to propogate
the set up of the first "label" to the other label on the sheet and instead,
just insert the required mergefields into both of the postcards in the
locations where you want them and insert a Next Record field before the
first mergefield on the second postcard.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Mishelley" wrote in message
I set up an 8.5 x 11 document with 2 up post cards using a Microsoft
template. This document contains images and text. I would like mail
merge
addresses from excel onto this. However, when I try to set the merge up
as
labels, Word wants to delete the document. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should fing http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm helpful.

Mishelley wrote:
I set up an 8.5 x 11 document with 2 up post cards using a Microsoft
template. This document contains images and text. I would like mail
merge addresses from excel onto this. However, when I try to set the
merge up as labels, Word wants to delete the document. How can I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mishelley Mishelley is offline

Thank you for your help. I did the merge on a plain document and realized it
set up as a table. So then I copied this onto my document and moved the
gridlines... and it works!

.