Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default Where is AutoFit Columns?

I want my columns in a table to match in width; where is "AutoFit Columns,"
as in the previous versions of Word? Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What version of Word are you talking about. If you mean "Automatically
resize to fit contents" and you are talking about Word 2007 it is in the
same place in the Table Properties dialog that can be accessed by selecting
the Layout tab of the ribbon, which will become visible when the selection
is in a table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Dawn" wrote in message
I want my columns in a table to match in width; where is "AutoFit
Columns,"
as in the previous versions of Word? Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In addition to what Doug suggested, here are some more options for you: The
AutoFit commands are in the Cell Size group of the Table Tools Layout tab on
the ribbon. In the same group you will also find Distribute Columns (and
Distribute Rows).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn" wrote in message
I want my columns in a table to match in width; where is "AutoFit Columns,"
as in the previous versions of Word? Thanks for your help.

which of the following is not an Autofit option? mel Microsoft Word Help 1 July 31st 08 04:51 PM
autofit rows jen_writer Tables 1 February 8th 07 09:34 AM
Table AutoFit Not Working koala824 at Comcast Tables 3 July 22nd 06 05:18 PM
Autofit is giving me fits Mark Tables 1 June 21st 06 10:28 AM
Table set to autofit in footer keeps vibrating... Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 9 November 3rd 04 10:04 AM