Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maurice maurice is offline

Default Forms Query

Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the 'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should be
available. Looking for guidance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The Office Button is the big round one in the top left corner. If you've
never clicked it before, it should be flashing to get your attention.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the
'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should
be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

The 'Office button' is on the top left corner of the Word 2007 frame. It's a
circle enclosing four tiny squares of red, blue, green and yellow.

Click once on the Office button to open a drop-down menu. On the bottom of
this menu are two rectangular button; one is 'Word Options' and the other is
'Exit Word'.

You didn't say what "instructions" you're talking about, but now you know
how to find the Office button and how to open the Word 2007 options.

Daddy

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the
'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should
be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The Office Button is the round one in the upper left corner which bears the
Office logo. The Word Options button is at the bottom edge of the
palette/menu that opens when you click the Office Button.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/30/09 12:28 PM, in article
, "Maurice"
wrote:

Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the 'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

The Office button is the round icon in the upper left-hand corner of your
screen It has the Microsoft Office logo on it. A box pops up once you click
on it. The Word Options button is located at the bottom of the box.
--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

"Maurice" wrote:

Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the 'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You are not the first (or the last) to fail to realise that the old file
menu is now camouflaged as a Pizza. You'll be please to know that in Word
2010, it has been redesigned so that it is a blue rectangular icon with the
word 'File' in white. Rather like an inverse menu button!

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the
'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should
be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Terry Farrell wrote:
You are not the first (or the last) to fail to realise that the old file
menu is now camouflaged as a Pizza. You'll be please to know that in
Word 2010, it has been redesigned so that it is a blue rectangular icon
with the word 'File' in white. Rather like an inverse menu button!

Might be a useful idea to have the option to put it all back as it was,
before the arty farty designers got at the UI.

Those of you who want the ribbon and the big button can keep it, while
some of us could have it configured the old way.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

But...but...I like the 'pizza' button. Maybe because I like pizza.

And it helped to make the ribbon a clean break from the old menu system. Now
there will be people who'll say "If they called the first one 'File' why
couldn't they call the next one 'Edit' and make things look like they used
to?"

Daddy

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the
'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features should
be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I tend to agree, but I haven't yet used Word 2010, so I'm withholding
judgment.

http://word.mvps.org

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Word 2007. The instructions say to find the click the
'Office'
Button, then 'Word Options'. I am doing this from within word and
cannot
find this. I believe I performed a 'full' install so all features
should be
available. Looking for guidance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

No argument from me. The interface may make Word a little more accessible
for new users (to computers), but I'm sure it has driven more 'old' Word
users away than it has gained.

Terry Farrell

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
Terry Farrell wrote:
You are not the first (or the last) to fail to realise that the old file
menu is now camouflaged as a Pizza. You'll be please to know that in
Word 2010, it has been redesigned so that it is a blue rectangular icon
with the word 'File' in white. Rather like an inverse menu button!

Might be a useful idea to have the option to put it all back as it was,
before the arty farty designers got at the UI.

Those of you who want the ribbon and the big button can keep it, while
some of us could have it configured the old way.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Forward that as a suggestion!

But then we mere mortals managed for centuries with 'Ladies' and 'Gents' on
public loos. Now we must have pictograms representing the Male and Female of
some strange species. OH! Except where they are Unisex loos.

Terry Farrell