Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
laraine laraine is offline

Default User entry options in Word 2007

I'm using Microsoft Word 2007, and
I see two options for having a user interactively enter text into a
letter:

1) {ask EventDate "Enter the Event Date"}

Then later there will be some
{ref EventDate}

2) MACROBUTTON noname [Click and type the Event Date]
where noname is like a fake macro (none of that name exists)

With Option 1, the user needs to use F9 and would need to
toggle field codes to see where to do it again.

With Option 2, you get a marked block to tell where to enter,
but as soon as you do it, everything except the data value
disappears. And you can't use a ref with it, I don't think..

I like Option 1 better because of the ref capability.

Are there any other easy options? (without bringing in external data)

C.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--