Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Test

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Note that there are specific newsgroups for testing.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gil Gil is offline

Default Assistance Please

Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New Question or New
General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

It's best to read this newsgroup (and all newsgroups) as they were intended
to be read: with a newsreader.

Outlook Express is your newsreader if you're using Windows XP.

"Setting Up Outlook Express Newsreader"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Windows Live Mail is your newsreader in Windows Vista and 7

"Microsoft Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Windows Live Mail"
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms...ows-live-mail/

There are also third-party newsreaders that you may prefer.

Daddy

"Gil" wrote in message
Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried
in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New Question or
New
General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pbkry2r pbkry2r is offline

I was having that problem and realized that pop-ups were being blocked for
this site. Once I allowed them for this page, I could then create a new
question/comment.

Hope that helps!

"Gil" wrote:

Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New Question or New
General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gil Gil is offline

Nice try, but I use Windows Live - as it was intended. I have not used OE in
years and refuse to use it for any reason - even if its for this site.

Thankfully, a post by pbkry2r was able to remedy the "problem".

Gil

"Gil" wrote in message
Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried
in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New Question or
New
General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gil Gil is offline

Bingo!

I had previously allowed pop-ups at a higher level site, but not the one
needed for the various groups. I simply allowed pop-ups for this site and it
worked. Sometimes the simple things can be overlooked.

Thank you.

Gil

"Gil" wrote:

Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New Question or New
General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Windows Live has a newsreader function almost identical to OE. Just click
the second link that Daddy posted in how to set it up to access
news.microsoft.com.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Test Test Microsoft Word Help 0 September 4th 07 08:54 PM
Test Test Microsoft Word Help 0 July 7th 07 06:50 PM
test MattW Microsoft Word Help 0 June 26th 07 10:55 PM
test PeggoMyHrt Microsoft Word Help 0 February 8th 06 06:44 PM
test Inglese New Users 2 August 9th 05 05:25 PM