Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default Strange vertical black line!

Word 2007.
I have three Word documents that have been edited by Open Office on another
system.
All three documents are landscape with two columns per page.
On ONE only of these documents, when it's opened in Word 2007 after this
editing, there appears a vertical black line down the space between the
columns. The other two display perfectly normally.
I've tried going to the Borders function, but can't get rid of it.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Page Layout | Page Setup | Columns | More Columns: Clear the check box for
"Line between."

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon" wrote in message
Word 2007.
I have three Word documents that have been edited by Open Office on
another system.
All three documents are landscape with two columns per page.
On ONE only of these documents, when it's opened in Word 2007 after this
editing, there appears a vertical black line down the space between the
columns. The other two display perfectly normally.
I've tried going to the Borders function, but can't get rid of it.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Page Layout | Page Setup | Columns | More Columns: Clear the check box for
"Line between."

Thanks very much! I learn something new every day!