Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dempen dempen is offline

Default Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document

Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know
about Word Options Advanced Show document content Show bookmarks but
that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the
bookmark names to show.

The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing documents,
who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to find
out where they all are.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The following macro run from a button on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or a
keyboard shortcut will select each bookmark in turn and pop up a message box
with its name. If you click cancel on the message the macro will stop at the
selected bookmark. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub ShowBookmarkNames()
Dim oBookmark As Bookmark
Dim sStop As String
With ActiveDocument
For Each oBookmark In .Bookmarks
With oBookmark
.Select
sStop = MsgBox(.name, vbOKCancel, "Bookmarks")
If sStop = vbCancel Then Exit For
End With
Next oBookmark
End With

"dempen" wrote in message
Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know
about Word Options Advanced Show document content Show bookmarks but
that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the
bookmark names to show.

The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing
documents,
who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to
find
out where they all are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In any version of Word, you can get the Bookmark dialog to display the names
of all the bookmarks by both checking the "Hidden bookmarks" box *and*
selecting "Sort by: Location." You can select any given bookmark name and
click Go To to find it.

http://word.mvps.org

"dempen" wrote in message
Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know
about Word Options Advanced Show document content Show bookmarks but
that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the
bookmark names to show.

The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing
documents,
who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to
find
out where they all are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones[_2_] drybones[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

Please explain to this 'oldtimer', how or where to locate the "Hidden
bookmarks" box in MS Word 2007.

Many thanks,
drybones