Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lottie Lottie is offline

Default Currency in Merge File

How do I change the numbers into currency in my merge document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are just seeing a number like 12345.67, then
a. press Alt-F9 so show the field code, which will look something like

{ MERGEFIELD myamount }
or
{ MERGEFIELD myamount \*Mergeformat }

then type in a "numeric format switch" so that you have

{ MERGEFIELD myamount \#$,0.00 }
or
{ MERGEFIELD myamount \#$,0.00 \*Mergeformat }

You can change the currency sign as appropriate. The "," is the
"thousands" separator and the "." is the decimal point.

Usually, you can also delete \*Mergeformat if it is there.

Press Alt-F9 again and try previewing your data.

Let us know if that isn't what you were looking for.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk