Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Guy Delaney[_2_] Guy Delaney[_2_] is offline

Default Cannot use querry from Access in Word

I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft Word
mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft Office
2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Open the query in Access and then use the Merge it with Microsoft Word
facility available by going to the Tools menu in Access and then selecting
Office Links and then Merge it with Microsoft Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft
Word mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft
Office 2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Guy Delaney[_2_] Guy Delaney[_2_] is offline

This did not work. When it asked for the Word document, it then went back to
Access and displayed the two tables but no querries.

Guy

Open the query in Access and then use the Merge it with Microsoft Word
facility available by going to the Tools menu in Access and then selecting
Office Links and then Merge it with Microsoft Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft
Word mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft
Office 2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Guy Delaney[_2_] Guy Delaney[_2_] is offline

By the way, the last time I did this (a couple of years ago), I changed some
Preferences or something in Word so as to choose something other than OLE
db, I think.

Guy

Open the query in Access and then use the Merge it with Microsoft Word
facility available by going to the Tools menu in Access and then selecting
Office Links and then Merge it with Microsoft Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft
Word mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft
Office 2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you have the Query open with the results of it displayed in Access when
you accessed the Tools menuOffice LinksMerge it with Microsoft Word? Does
your query produce any results?

The option that you may have changed before was either under
ToolsOptionsGeneral in versions before 2007 and check the box for Confirm
Conversion on Open (or something like that. In Word 2007, you need to click
on the Office button and then on Word Options and then on Advanced and
scroll down to the General section and check the box for Confirm File Format
Conversion on Open.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
This did not work. When it asked for the Word document, it then went back
to Access and displayed the two tables but no querries.

Guy

Open the query in Access and then use the Merge it with Microsoft Word
facility available by going to the Tools menu in Access and then
selecting Office Links and then Merge it with Microsoft Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft
Word mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft
Office 2003).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do what Doug says re. confirm conversions, then select the DDE option
when it is offered.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Guy wrote in message
I have a querry in Microsoft Access which I want to use in a Microsoft
Word mail merge, but the querry does not display in Word. (Microsoft
Office 2003).

Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word Guy Delaney[_2_] New Users 1 January 26th 10 03:20 AM
Inability to see queries in complicated access files: 2003 access& bird lover Mailmerge 1 December 29th 06 10:02 PM
querry in word milind New Users 2 October 1st 06 06:15 PM
can't access my word files - access restricted film101 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 6th 06 09:22 AM
word opens access in mail merge. Access is already opened.=twice Sherri Mailmerge 1 February 11th 06 06:59 PM