Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony Warick Tony Warick is offline

Default Word Mail Merge Clear All Recipients

We have a strange mail merge issue on one of our user workstation. The
workstation is running the MS Office 2007 Pro suite (SP2).

The user is having an issue with sorting and more importantly clearing all
select users when trying to edit the recipient list. She opens up a word
document then goes to select recipients use an existing list. She then
browses the network to locate an excel spreadsheet that is the data source.
After selecting the spreadsheet she tries to edit the recipient list.

The Mail Merge recipient list opens with all recipients checked by default.
There is a little radio button on the top toolbar that should allow her to
un-check all recipients but it does NOTHING when she clicks the button. None
of the other columns headings on the top toolbar work either if she tries to
sort a column.

The main goal is to un-check all of the recipients so that she can
selectively choose which ones she wants to include. Please let me know if
there is a way to fix this issue, we have tried re-installing MS Office but
this did not help.

Other users that share her workstation do not have the issue so I am
wondering if it is maybe profile related?

Thanks for any assistance!