Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
citrouille citrouille is offline

Default How can I add a police?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The collective name for police is a PLOD.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In the Windows Fonts folder, use File | Install New Font.

http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Robbing a liquor store should do it.

"citrouille" wrote in message
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Do you mean policy?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Police" is French for "font."

http://word.mvps.org

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Do you mean policy?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I didn't know that. I thought maybe they were talking about some sort of
group policy or some control on a document. Thanks :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Police" is French for "font."

http://word.mvps.org

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Do you mean policy?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

One of those odd bits of information you pick up from reading the
word.printingfonts NG. It startled me at first, too, and I find it
linguistically puzzling. Just googled it, though, and found
http://dictionary.reverso.net/comput...ont%20aliasing, which
suggests that "police" is short for "police de caractères," in which
"police" probably does mean "policy."