Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marek Marek is offline

Default format part of merged text in field

I am trying to fill the merged fields from SQL. It works fine. But some of
data contains the symbol of trademark, registrationmark...
How can I tell the Word to format it as superscript?
e.g.
field products:
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Duo

Thank you very much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot format part of a field. One answer would be to merge to a new
document then use replace to replace (R) with its symbol i.e. ^0174.
Similarly the trademark symbol ^0169

Maybe by macro?

Sub SwapSymbols()
ActiveDocument.Range = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range, "(c)", Chr(169))
ActiveDocument.Range = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range, "(C)", Chr(169))
ActiveDocument.Range = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range, "(r)", Chr(174))
ActiveDocument.Range = Replace(ActiveDocument.Range, "(R)", Chr(174))
End Sub

"Marek" wrote in message
news
I am trying to fill the merged fields from SQL. It works fine. But some of
data contains the symbol of trademark, registrationmark...
How can I tell the Word to format it as superscript?
e.g.
field products:
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Duo

Thank you very much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marek Marek is offline

Problem is not with a symbols, I can put them just into the sql.
Problem is with superscript (upper index).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will have to execute the merge to a new document and then use
EditReplace to replace the symbols with superscripted symbols.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.