Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen White Stephen White is offline

Default Unwanted horizontal line

I am using Word 2000. All of a sudden a horizontal line has appeared in
some of my pages which I cannot get rid of. I don't know how I put it
there. I didn't meant to.

It stretches from margin to margin and can be dragged and dropped up and
down the page. When directly over it, the pointer changes to two
vertical lines with arrows either side pointing left and written (I
don't know what the term is for this symbol) so it behaves rather like a
row divider in a table.

If I drag and drop it and then click the menu attached to the undo
button the action to be undone is "Border and Shading". I have opened
the Border and Shading dialogue box to see if that offers me any way of
getting rid of the line but can't see any.

Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Stephen White" wrote in message

I am using Word 2000. All of a sudden a horizontal line has appeared in
some of my pages which I cannot get rid of. I don't know how I put it
there. I didn't meant to.

It stretches from margin to margin and can be dragged and dropped up and
down the page. When directly over it, the pointer changes to two vertical
lines with arrows either side pointing left and written (I don't know what
the term is for this symbol) so it behaves rather like a row divider in a
table.

If I drag and drop it and then click the menu attached to the undo button
the action to be undone is "Border and Shading". I have opened the Border
and Shading dialogue box to see if that offers me any way of getting rid
of the line but can't see any.

Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen White Stephen White is offline