Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel_1 Angel_1 is offline

Default Yellow block down the side of my page

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would appear that you have Track Changes enabled. The colored area is
provided for the "balloons."

http://word.mvps.org

"Angel_1" wrote in message
Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen
when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At the left?

Could it be the "Style Area," or whatever it's called, that carries
the style label for each paragraph?

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Angel_1" wrote in message

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. *It doesn't happen
when
i open the template itself. *Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have to agree that the description doesn't necessarily fit with track
changes balloons. But note that you can choose to have the balloons on the
left (in the Track Changes Options dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

______________________

"Angel_1" wrote in message

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen
when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can have balloons on the left, and the area allotted for them is
described by many users as "yellow" though it's actually the same RGB
setting as the "ivory" I use as my window color (which is the reason I don't
notice it). For all I know, the style area may be that color as well (for
the same reason, I wouldn't notice it), but that wouldn't appear in Print
Layout view, and very few users use Normal/Draft view.

http://word.mvps.org

"Angel_1" wrote in message

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of
my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen
when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, what I found confusing was the fact that the OP says it doesn't occur
when the actual template is opened, only when a new document is created from
the template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Angel_1" wrote in message

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of
my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen
when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel_1 Angel_1 is offline

Hi
Thanks for your help. As far as i can see track changes is not enabled and
neither is markup.
I'm not really clued up with these as i dont use them. I printed it off
from a document (not the original template) and it did not print the yellow
block, but it took ages and crashed. what is the style area? thanks in
advance.

"Angel_1" wrote in message

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side
of
my
page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't
happen
when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks-

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel_1 Angel_1 is offline

Hi again
I have also just noticed that when i open a new document from the template
the footer font changes. Does this help? thanks

"Angel_1" wrote:

Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my page
when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen when
i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There might be several, possibly unrelated issues here. Try this: Exit Word
and rename the normal.dotm template. When you restart Word, then do blank
documents "behave"?

To locate normal.dotm, you can search for the file in Windows. Press Windows
key + F to start Find. Be sure to search hidden files and folders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP