Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com is offline

Default Learning to use Wird 2007

Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble
adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it.

Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002?

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Reinstall Word 2002? It may take a while but you will get used to the
ribbon. In the meantime almost all the keyboard shortcuts still work.

wrote in message
Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble
adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it.

Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On 3/4/2010 9:33 AM, Graham Mayor wrote:
Reinstall Word 2002? It may take a while but you will get used to the
ribbon. In the meantime almost all the keyboard shortcuts still work.

Thanks. I'll plow along a little longer.

Apparently there are problems installing Office suites in the wrong
order, so that would entail first uninstalling Office 2007, installing
Office XP and then re-installing Office 2007. Correct?

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you want to use Outlook 2007 as your preferred email client, definitely
install the older version first. Only one active version of Outlook can
reside on your PC at any time. You will also need to make a small registry
edit to stop Office reconfiguring each time you switch versions.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
On 3/4/2010 9:33 AM, Graham Mayor wrote:
Reinstall Word 2002? It may take a while but you will get used to the
ribbon. In the meantime almost all the keyboard shortcuts still work.

Thanks. I'll plow along a little longer.

Apparently there are problems installing Office suites in the wrong order,
so that would entail first uninstalling Office 2007, installing Office XP
and then re-installing Office 2007. Correct?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DP DP is offline

I figured Word 2007 (and soon 2010) is here to stay.

This interactive guide is very useful. Maybe it will help you too.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

" wrote:

Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble
adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it.

Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002?

Jeff
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On 3/4/2010 10:33 AM, Terry Farrell wrote:
If you want to use Outlook 2007 as your preferred email client,
definitely install the older version first. Only one active version of
Outlook can reside on your PC at any time. You will also need to make a
small registry edit to stop Office reconfiguring each time you switch
versions.

I do not use Outlook. The only components I use are Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and rarely Access.

Is there a problem with the order of installation for these? Obviously
to different folders.

I'm in Windows 7

Thanks, jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

" wrote:

Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble
adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it.

Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002?

Jeff
.

thank you. Will look at it.

I can learn anything in time. It's just when you are working on a
document or project, one gets frustrated learning as one goes ......

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

" wrote:

Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble
adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it.

Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002?

Jeff
.

Very helpful indeed. Thank you.

Jeff