Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy[_2_] croy[_2_] is offline

Default Search & Replace Font Color

When using Search & Replace (in Word 2000), the only search
option offered for font color is from a drop-down "palette".

The text that I'm wanting to change the color on is some
sort of yellow, but the two choices in the palette found
nothing.

How can I determine the precise color of this text, and then
search for it?

--
Thanks,
croy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy[_2_] croy[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:23:27 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

You don't see "More Colors" below the color palette?

Yes, I do. But I don't know how to determine the current
color of the font, so I can select it.

--
croy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you select an instance of the colored font and then access the Font Color
dialog and click on the More colors button and then go to the Custom tab of
the Colors dialog, it will display the RGB values for the color of the font.

In the Find and Replace dialog, if you then click on More and then Format
and then Font and then click on Color and again on More colors and then go
to the Custom tab again, you can enter there the RGB values that were
displayed when you followed the procedure in the above paragraph.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"croy" wrote in message
When using Search & Replace (in Word 2000), the only search
option offered for font color is from a drop-down "palette".

The text that I'm wanting to change the color on is some
sort of yellow, but the two choices in the palette found
nothing.

How can I determine the precise color of this text, and then
search for it?

--
Thanks,
croy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
croy[_2_] croy[_2_] is offline

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:42:40 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

If you select an instance of the colored font and then access the Font Color
dialog and click on the More colors button and then go to the Custom tab of
the Colors dialog, it will display the RGB values for the color of the font.

In the Find and Replace dialog, if you then click on More and then Format
and then Font and then click on Color and again on More colors and then go
to the Custom tab again, you can enter there the RGB values that were
displayed when you followed the procedure in the above paragraph.

That *definitely* helped!

--
Thanks.
croy