Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
James Cox James Cox is offline

Default Customize Word to Behave Like Outlook

I confess - Word overwhelms me! My native tongue, so to speak, is Excel and
I find myself always having to fight Word to get it to let me enter text and
make it look like I want it to.

On the other hand, by necessity, I've gotten marginaly proficient with using
Outlook 2007 - at least it doesn't fight me as much.

Now for the question - is it possible to 'dumb down' Word 2007 by some set
of customizations to the level of Outlook 2007 (set for messages in HTML
format)?
Has anyone actually done this or have any ideas for good search terms to
find references to this?

Many thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi James,

Rather than fighting Word or trying to' dumb it down' to be like you perceive Outlook to be, you'd do far better to learn how to use
Word properly and let it work for you. For a small investment in learning effort, the return can be huge.

--
Cheers
macropod