Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ted Ted is offline

Default How to I set page 1 of 6 in Word?

In a multi-page document, I want "Page 1 of 6" in the footer, or if the
document gets longer page 1 or 7 or page 1 of 8.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Use the fields "Page" and "NumPages". The first will display the number of
the page you are on, the second will display the totall number of pages in
your document.

Assuming Word 2007, you can insert fields through the "Insert" tab, "Quick
Parts" button, "Field..."

Yves

"Ted" wrote in message
In a multi-page document, I want "Page 1 of 6" in the footer, or if the
document gets longer page 1 or 7 or page 1 of 8.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, you can insert "Page X of Y" from the
AutoCorrect menu on the Header and Footer toolbar. For Word 2007, choose the
Page X of Y selection under Insert | Page Number.

http://word.mvps.org