Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Loves2Dance4Fun Loves2Dance4Fun is offline

Default Footer Problems

ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.

I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
number on the right. I added a top border too. Now, how can I hide
the footer on the page 1? You would think it'd be pretty simple.

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
of the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Check the box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.
This will give you a separate First Page Footer that you can leave blank.

http://word.mvps.org

"Loves2Dance4Fun" wrote in message
ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.

I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
number on the right. I added a top border too. Now, how can I hide
the footer on the page 1? You would think it'd be pretty simple.

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
of the document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Loves2Dance4Fun" wrote in message

ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.

I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
number on the right. *I added a top border too. *Now, how can I hide
the footer on the page 1? *You would think it'd be pretty simple.

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
of the document?

Xcellent!!

Thank you sooo much,

By chance, do you know how I can get the name of the document added
into the footer automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, you can use the "Filename" or "Filename and
path" entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar. If it's
Word 2007, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...002951033.aspx

That's assuming you mean the filename. If you mean the title, then, if you
have used the Title style, you can use a StyleRef field referencing the
Title style. If you have entered the title in the Title field of the file
Properties, you can use a Title field.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

[...]

Header and footer problems DrAryn Microsoft Word Help 3 July 10th 09 02:43 PM
Footer problems DianeVan New Users 5 May 10th 08 01:33 AM
Footer Numbering Problems juniorCAD Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 07 02:05 PM
problems with my footer Pascale Page Layout 4 December 20th 06 05:02 PM
Footer Printing Problems Ron New Users 1 March 12th 05 08:33 PM