Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John Quinn John Quinn is offline

Default Copy Merged Documents to File.

Well guys my printer went down.

I need to copy my merged documents to a file so I can bring it to another
computer to print out my documents (7,700 pages).

I tried to use the print to file option on my printer, but when I bring it
to another site, it asks a lot of questions about what access created the
file. I have Access 2004, but my friends have either an earlier or later
version. I also will not print if the user has only small business installed
(no Access).

On Step 6 of my mail merge, there is only the ability to print or merging to
the printer. in Word 2000 we could save the merged letters. I guess the
software developers at Microsoft never had a printer go down on them.

Any suggestions as to how I can save this file until my new printer comes in?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007? At step 6 (and on the mailings tab - Finish and Merge) you should
have an option 'Edit Individual Documents'. That will create a new document
containing your merged documents - see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm (In Word 2003 there's
an option Merge To New Document on the merge toolbar.).

"John Quinn" wrote in message
[...]

How do I save a merged file to a regular Word file? Barbara N Mailmerge 1 August 3rd 09 08:23 PM
how do I get Word to recognize a merged file as seperate documents hiz5 Mailmerge 2 October 16th 08 10:07 PM
Merged documents BeverlyB Mailmerge 1 September 12th 06 04:33 AM
How to re-connect merged data (excel file) in the word file jose Mailmerge 1 May 11th 06 02:45 PM
save all merged documents as seperate word documents iuwonny Mailmerge 2 February 15th 06 08:53 AM