Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Can Save As PDF enable comments?

When I use the Save As... | PDF option, is there a way that I can
enable comments and/or markup so that the person I sent it to can add
annotations?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
When I use the Save As... | PDF option, is there a way that I can
enable comments and/or markup so that the person I sent it to can add
annotations?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:14:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

The Adobe website

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
turning on the the enabling bit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

wrote:

If the recipient has the full version of Acrobat, he/she can annotate the
PDF using that. Otherwise consider PDF as a graphic.

The Adobe website

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/matrix.html

seems to indicate that users with only Reader can annotate PDF files
that were created and "enabled" by someone using Acrobat Pro. I was
just wondering if the Word add-in or some other tool was capable of
turning on the the enabling bit.

It is not done as part of the PDF creation even in Acrobat. It is an
'enhancement' applied from the Acrobat interface.