Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
~L ~L is offline

Default Database field not updating

I'm trying to use a database field in a mail merge to send an order summary
by store, hopefully via email. In the options I use an SQL query that refers
to the store as a mergefield.

The connection and query are working, except the database field doesn't
update along with the rest as the merge record changes; it must be updated
manually for each record.

I'm encountering a frustrating lack of documentation for this feature, is
there a simple setting I'm missing, or some sort of work-around?