Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edges Edges is offline

Default Track changes

In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Review tab, click Accept | Accept All Changes in Document. Then click
Track Changes | Track Changes (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to turn off the feature.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edges Edges is offline

I did accept all changes, turned track changes off, save the document and
closed it but, when I opened the document (Word 2007) track changes was back
on.

"Edges" wrote:

In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edges Edges is offline

I did Accept all changes in document, turned track changes OFF, saved and
closed the document. But, when I opened it again, track changes was back ON.

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It seems as if the document isn't getting saved. After you've turned off track
changes, modify the document, for example by adding text and deleting it, and
then save. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's also possible the document contains comments that haven't been deleted,
which would cause the Reviewing toolbar (or Review tab in this case) to be
displayed whether Track Changes is on or not.

http://word.mvps.org

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once
and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find
track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edges Edges is offline

I did this and it is not making any difference. Every time I open this
particular document track changes is on. This is just so frustrating!!!
Thank you for your suggestions. Guess it's just another cyber gremlin...

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Edges Edges is offline

FOUND IT!!!
Turn off Track Changes. Select the Office Button, Prepare, Inspect
document, click Inspect button. Once inspection is complete, remove Document
Properties & Personal Information. Save, close document and when reopened,
Track Changes is still OFF... Thank you for your assistance.

"Edges" wrote in message
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once
and for
all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find
track
changes on when I reopen the document.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP