Cameron C Cameron C is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Copying/Mirroring Objects, Images, and Text

Hello.

I am having some trouble. I am printing out CD labels. The label stickers i have are two to a page and i have created one, and know where the other needs to go to line up properly, but i cant find a simple way to copy/paste it down there. I have two shape objects ( inner and outer circle of the cd ), some text boxes with text, and multiple image files.

I cant find any way to select them all together and copy/paste it.
Even if there was a way to mirror everything vertically downward that would work, as the orientation of the print, on the sticker, makes no difference.

It may not seem like a big deal, but i create these for every project that goes through my Architecture firm, and having to do everything twice takes time, and i can never get them to be exactly the same.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Copying/Mirroring Objects, Images, and Text

Are they Avery labels (or some other commercial brand)? Then there's
probably a template for that product number at the Avery (or other)
website.

If you can't find one, those templates are just Word tables with the
cells lined up in the right places, so you can build a one-column, two-
row table (with no borders) and copy the correctly placed elements
from one cell into the other, and then make this a template you use
for all your labels from now on.

--
Cameron C

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word is probably the worst possible application in which to create CD
labels. If you have a business application that requires the regular
production of such labels, then you should be able to justify the cost of a
dedicated application in time saved alone. Try Surething CD Labeler which is
excellent.