Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LW_1211 LW_1211 is offline

Default Print 2 A5 mail merged tables onto each A4 sheet

I have created an A5 document that has a table where fields are filled in by
mail merge, there is well over one hundred records so I would like to get two
A5 prints onto each A4 sheet. I have tried setting the print dialog to 2
pages but it still only gives me one small print per A4. Is there a way I can
make this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Don't do it in the Print dialog. Do it in the Page Setup dialog (under
"Multiple pages"). Your merge should then work correctly.

I can attest that this will work, as I have created a directory set up this
way.

http://word.mvps.org

"LW_1211" wrote in message
I have created an A5 document that has a table where fields are filled in
by
mail merge, there is well over one hundred records so I would like to get
two
A5 prints onto each A4 sheet. I have tried setting the print dialog to 2
pages but it still only gives me one small print per A4. Is there a way I
can
make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LW_1211[_2_] LW_1211[_2_] is offline

Thanks for your reply.
I have now tried this and, while it gives exactly the orientation and layout
I want, it only prints one receipt per A4 sheet - at the top. I have also
tried adjusting the print dialogs with this page setup and it just makes the
receipt smaller.

"LW_1211" wrote in message
I have created an A5 document that has a table where fields are filled in
by
mail merge, there is well over one hundred records so I would like to get
two
A5 prints onto each A4 sheet. I have tried setting the print dialog to 2
pages but it still only gives me one small print per A4. Is there a way I
can
make this work?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You do NOT want to do this in the Print dialog at all, only in the Page
Setup dialog. Are you sure you're using a "Directory" or "Catalog" merge and
not Letter or Label?

http://word.mvps.org