daved2424 daved2424 is offline
Junior Member

Default Centre align if less than one line of text

I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.

many thanks for any help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

No, you can't define a single style to work in different ways. Assuming you
are talking about an actual 1 line paragraph rather than the last line of a
multi-line paragraph you'd need to have a different Style or change the
alignment directly.

If you're referring to the last line of a multi-line paragraph the answer is
also no. Alignment is a paragraph formatting attribute & Word doesn't allow
mixing alignment within the same paragraph.

There may be some way of creating this sort of deviation using VBA or some
such in other versions of Word, but in Office 2008 there is no VBA
available. Even if possible, though, I'm not sure I'd want it to be my
default for Normal style.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/31/10 12:30 PM, in article ,
"daved2424" wrote:

I have set up my normal style to be justified, however if there is less
than one complete line of text (no wrapping) I would like that
paragraph to be centre aligned. Is this possible without having to do
it manually each time? I imagine I am using Word for Mac 2008.

many thanks for any help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry is offline

[WATCH WHAT THE THREAD HEAD IS SAYING]

'We'-- have 'Justified-from-the-left' (Shorts to the left);

'He'-- wants 'Justified-from-the-center' ... A 'fifth'-style, Not a change....

I don't have a direct suggestion, but his point is valid...

1st. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with a compounded object, one parameter
each.

2nd. I'd pseudo-suggest try-playing with the foreign-languages (Hebrew is
Right so Justified...shorts-right...? But, What, might be centered...?)

COMPA I did this in HTML to get a scrollbar on the left--! (heh, works)

Ray.
__