Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hope Hare Hope Hare is offline

Default Landscape pages, Page Numbers, and running headers

In order to display page numbers for landscape pages, I use a frame in the
header, stretching down the side (which will be the top) of the page. This
works fine except sometimes--it removes the header from the next section.
That is, I have portrait pages with their odd/even headers--Section
Break--landscape page with odd/even frame headers--Section Break--no header
on portrait page! The footer is there, but I simply cannot access the header.
WHY, WHY? And when I kludge the page numbers into the portrait page header
area, with yet another frame, it shows up on the landscape pages
preceding--as if there were no section break! Sigh. I wish there were a
better way to insert page numbers onto a landscape page.
Thanks for any help with this!
Hope