A _Real_Noob A _Real_Noob is offline
Junior Member

Default ? Is there a way automate a template by adding input prompts

Hello everyone,

I have several custom MS Word templates that depending on the subject matter have the same body but certain information will always be different eg. name, identification #, title of individuals, subject matter, date, etc. I should clarify that the template provided by management is not a macro, just a customized memo written in Word that everyone must use. It's not anything fancy with the exception of the formatting and some business images.

Coming from Corel Wordperfect, I was able to create prompts that would ask the user to input various fields which would greatly decrease repetitiveness.

Right now, everyone has to scroll through the template and delete and enter the info that is required. The data (info) changes all the time.

Is there some method in Word where one doesn't have to always go to the one template and delete and type the manual info [eg. insert name, insert file number, insert date] that must be manually entered?

Thanks

Template Prompts Bud Kerr New Users 0 October 18th 13 02:52 PM
Text Fields in Header/Footer that prompts for user input Ruben Torrez Page Layout 4 December 13th 06 11:28 PM
How do I set up a macro that prompts for input in Word 2002? Xane Microsoft Word Help 2 November 3rd 05 04:11 PM
adding a field that is underlined for text input Bryce New Users 3 June 21st 05 11:07 PM
how do I add prompts to a template document? Annmarie2k Microsoft Word Help 1 June 7th 05 12:27 PM