Kelly2032 Kelly2032 is offline
Junior Member

Default Page numbers on left and right without losing footer

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me...

I have written a family history book for my Father over the past year, I have only just completed it and realized that the page numbers are currtently great for digital, but not for print.

When I make the page numbers go to the left and right outer corners - the footer disappears when selecting "different odd and even pages"

The book is 380 pages and I would prefer to not have to do this manually.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Kelly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I _think_ that when you make a global change to headers/footers,
the content gets wiped out. But you don't have to redo everything.
As long as each Section is marked "Same as Previous," go to the
very first footers in the book, do your formatting of Left Footer
to be Flush Left and Right Footer to be Flush Right, and it should
be fine all the way through.

Alternatively, maybe your page numbers are still there but the
margins are set somewhere out beyond the edge of the page!
Just go to the Paragraph Format page and be sure your margins
are at 0 with no indents (or whatever you want them to be), in each
of those paragraph formats.

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 3:31:08 PM UTC-4, Kelly2032 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me...

I have written a family history book for my Father over the past year, I
have only just completed it and realized that the page numbers are
currtently great for digital, but not for print.

When I make the page numbers go to the left and right outer corners -
the footer disappears when selecting "different odd and even pages"

The book is 380 pages and I would prefer to not have to do this
manually.

Any help would be appreciated

jedacandy jedacandy is offline
Junior Member

That's good news, I've been searching for it for days word finder