Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
GlazedIZ GlazedIZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 0
Default change background color sizing

Hi, Im working from a template that has colors dividing different portions of the page. I think they come from styles. Is there a way to resize where the colors change? see attached. ex: I want to make "education" smaller to make "skills" larger.
Attached Images
 
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels Peter T. Daniels is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,215
Default change background color sizing

Maybe your document is set up as a table? What happens if you
just type Return at the end of one of the bullet-items under Skills?

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 3:31:09 PM UTC-4, GlazedIZ wrote:
Hi, Im working from a template that has colors dividing different
portions of the page. I think they come from styles. Is there a way to
resize where the colors change? see attached. ex: I want to make
"education" smaller to make "skills" larger.


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: Picture5.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=263|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

  #3   Report Post  
GlazedIZ GlazedIZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 0
Default

Thanks Peter. It doesn't seem to be tables. Hitting return, moves the text down, but the colors stay locked. It's also not text boxes because selecting all selects text on the whole page.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels Peter T. Daniels is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,215
Default change background color sizing

Sounds like what a table would do. By "locked," do you mean the rectangle
of color stays the same while the typing area gets bigger? Then maybe
it's a Shape with a Fill.

If the color stays the same but continues to fill the rectangle, then it's
probably a Table Cell. When you put your cursor in a cell, a new tab
appears on the Ribbon, which should be open to Table Tools / Design.
There you'll see Shading, with a paint can, and that will give you the
way to change the color of whichever cells are selected.

On Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 3:31:08 PM UTC-4, GlazedIZ wrote:
Thanks Peter. It doesn't seem to be tables. Hitting return, moves the
text down, but the colors stay locked. It's also not text boxes because
selecting all selects text on the whole page.

  #5   Report Post  
GlazedIZ GlazedIZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 0
Default

Thanks again Peter. This is a weird one. The original is a MS template called "Color Block Resume". When you go to "New" in word, type in that name into the search box & you should find it.
There is a table(s) in the doc, but the background color blocks don't seem to be a part of them.
Each color doesn't move and stays "grounded" while the typing area gets bigger, but it doesn't seem to be shape (if it is, then I cant seem to select, or resize/move it)
That's really what I'm trying to do - Resize and Move the color blocks.
WAIT a minute, I dried "select" "objects" in the editing ribbon in the home tab. Boom, now I can select the "block" and work with it. Right clicking seems to indicate that it IS a shape. I wonder why I cant select it just by clicking? But anyway, I'm good. Thanks again.


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels Peter T. Daniels is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,215
Default change background color sizing

Yay! I've never used a built-in template. Maybe you have a more
recent version than I do!

On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 3:31:06 PM UTC-4, GlazedIZ wrote:
Thanks again Peter. This is a weird one. The original is a MS template
called "Color Block Resume". When you go to "New" in word, type in that
name into the search box & you should find it.
There is a table(s) in the doc, but the background color blocks don't
seem to be a part of them.
Each color doesn't move and stays "grounded" while the typing area gets
bigger, but it doesn't seem to be shape (if it is, then I cant seem to
select, or resize/move it)
That's really what I'm trying to do - Resize and Move the color blocks.
WAIT a minute, I dried "select" "objects" in the editing ribbon in the
home tab. Boom, now I can select the "block" and work with it. Right
clicking seems to indicate that it IS a shape. I wonder why I cant
select it just by clicking? But anyway, I'm good. Thanks again.

  #7   Report Post  
jones434 jones434 is offline
Banned
 
Posts: 1
Default

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
background color change Mark Bechmann[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 September 13th 08 03:08 AM
How do I change the background color and font color in word docum MarieInLaguna Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 08 05:02 PM
how do you change the color background? mika da baddesy305 New Users 0 May 7th 08 04:00 PM
how do you change the background color bounce23 Page Layout 1 April 6th 06 03:14 PM
how to change the background color? Tony Young Page Layout 5 September 1st 05 01:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"