Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephanie S.

Default create/modify new templates and macros from current normal.dot

I have a very large normal.dot and want to separate some of the autotext
entries, macros, etc. into separate templates for different-type of projects.
In some cases, some of my documents contain NewDocument... or NewMacro... or
both. How do I know what belongs to what? How do I list all Macros in the
Organizer's macro tab to view and select the ones that I want? Can the
Macros with their related shortcuts be printed?

How do I Modify a template, save the modified template, and keep the
original template as is? This may be a separate question, i have found that
some of my new documents upon saving, generate a popup screen asking if I
want to view the Errors (what! it's a new document) or Save the file and
errors. Why are their errors. Errors upon viewing are three letters with
numbers, I believe. Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you have not separated them, all macros will be in the NewMacros module.
The organizer only displays modules not individual macros. You will have to
open the macro editor and move the macros around as you require.
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm may help.

To retain the original of a modified template use SaveAs and give the new
one a new name. The http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm macro
may help, but if you are working with templates you'll need to change doc to
dot where it occurs.

Stephanie S. wrote:
I have a very large normal.dot and want to separate some of the
autotext entries, macros, etc. into separate templates for
different-type of projects. In some cases, some of my documents
contain NewDocument... or NewMacro... or both. How do I know what
belongs to what? How do I list all Macros in the Organizer's macro
tab to view and select the ones that I want? Can the Macros with
their related shortcuts be printed?

How do I Modify a template, save the modified template, and keep the
original template as is? This may be a separate question, i have
found that some of my new documents upon saving, generate a popup
screen asking if I want to view the Errors (what! it's a new
document) or Save the file and errors. Why are their errors. Errors
upon viewing are three letters with numbers, I believe. Thanks for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Stephanie S." Stephanie wrote in message
[...]

Copy macros from Normal.dot to another template for distribution akkrug New Users 13 December 8th 05 11:45 AM
Normal.dot with macros Tony in Utah Microsoft Word Help 11 October 20th 05 08:20 PM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
How do I transfer templates, dictionary, and macros to a disk? tracymt Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 05 03:40 AM
Macros in templates Wendy Microsoft Word Help 2 April 20th 05 11:57 PM