Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M Lindberg

Default How do I set Word 2003 to show the full path of the file edited?

Even though the Folder view is set to show full path, in windows. Word does
not show the full path.
How does I make Word show the full path?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

To show the path in the Word window title bar, click on Tools |
Macro | Macros, add the following line to your AutoOpen macro:

ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

To show the path in the Word toolbar area, click on Tools |
Customize | Commands | Categories: Web | Commands: Address. Drag
the Address command to your toolbar area. Click on Close. If
you are prompted to save changes to your Normal.dot global
template when you exit Word, say yes.

M Lindberg wrote:
Even though the Folder view is set to show full path, in windows. Word does
not show the full path.
How does I make Word show the full path?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

While G-n-o provided the basic answer, if you want a work around for
most of the abberations to the basic method see:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
link MS Word with auto navigate by find

Default How do I set Word 2003 to show the full path of the file edite

Is there a way to see the full command issued? For example, if I run a macro
or request a bookmark:
myWord.doc#bookmark1
or myWord.doc /mMyMacro