Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sbrimley

Default Help! Merged data is wrong

I am merging information from Excel to Word. The data is either a P (pass) M
(monitor) or a R (Referral). This represents what a child received in a
particular developmental area we screen for. We are trying to merge the
information into a report for each child and even though the cell in Excel
states a P (pass) for Reading, in the merged Word report it is being
displayed as a R (Referral). When I merged the data into the report all R's
become P's and all P's become R's. Any suggestions??

I am using Word & Excel 2003. I realize they changed the way the two
applications communicate with each other in regards to merged data. And I
have tried reverting back to DDE and that has not worked. I have also looked
at the following article and only understand a little bit of what it is
saying and still do not know how to fix the problem.
http://groups.google.ca/group/micros...aa36b6e?hl=en&

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Suzanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

That is one that I would have to see to believe. If you want to send me a
copy of the mailmerge main document and of the data source, I will take a
look to see if I can tell what is going wrong.

You don't happen to have a Next Record field in there somewhere that is
causing the merge to jump prematurely to the next record do you?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sbrimley" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sbrimley

Thank you for your response I have figured out the problem. In my excel
sheet there is a lot of linked data and when a staff person sorted on one
sheet it it was not sorting all the data on the other sheet and that sheet is
the one that the data was being pulled from, therefore all the wrong data.
So frustrating, I will go onto the excel group and post my sorting question.
Thanks again