Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Text jumping in tables

Hi all,

I have a problem which I'll do my best to describe:

I have a document which is made up of tables. Everything in this
document (until recently) fit nicely onto one single page. However, it
seems that something has changed on my machine, which is causing the
text inside some of the table cells to "wrap", instead of staying in
place like they did before. This is causing some text to take new
lines, and is making the document jump down onto a second page - which
is a real issue.

This seems to be affecting old documents which take the same format -
so it's affecting everything on my machine, old docs and new. I know
there are settings for wrapping text in table cells, and whatnot, but
none of them seem to be GLOBAL settings, and I only get things like
"Table Properties" when I right-click single cells. None of these
options seem global - which is really what I'm looking for, because I
want all of my old documents to appear as they used to.

I can only assume at some point I've hit a shirtcut key combination,
and switched a feature on or off, but I can't for the life of me find
out what it is. Any help appreaciated.

TIA,
DSt..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi,

The most likely thing I can think of that would cause this for old and new
documents alike is a change in printer drivers. If you've installed a new
printer, or changed your printer's settings, it might be telling Word the
text won't fit in the same space as before.

Cheers

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

macropod wrote:
Hi,

The most likely thing I can think of that would cause this for old and new
documents alike is a change in printer drivers. If you've installed a new
printer, or changed your printer's settings, it might be telling Word the
text won't fit in the same space as before.

Cheers

Well, that's certainly one I hadn't considered. I'll check it out, and
report back if I can. Thanks for the response in the meantime.

DSt.