Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xenophile Xenophile is offline

Default Figures in long documents often fail to print

I have had this problem every since I have been using Word 2003. I
have figures in my document and I have the options set to include
drawing objects (but not to update links since that would mess up my
TOCs). And it does include them sometimes. But when I print a long
document it misses many figures (the placeholder appears instead). I
have tried everything I can think of but this intermittent problem
persists on all printers I can reach.

XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

You've mentioned your answer in your question. You need to turn Update
Fields back on.

You can hit "Cancel" when it prompts to update the TOC. But I wouldn't:
with a little more fiddling you can customise the TOC styles so it
regenerates the way you want it.

Note that the TOC format must be set to "From Template". If you set it any
other way, Word overwrites the TOC styles each time it generates.

On 18/9/06 1:25 PM, in article
et, "Xenophile"
wrote:

I have had this problem every since I have been using Word 2003. I
have figures in my document and I have the options set to include
drawing objects (but not to update links since that would mess up my
TOCs). And it does include them sometimes. But when I print a long
document it misses many figures (the placeholder appears instead). I
have tried everything I can think of but this intermittent problem
persists on all printers I can reach.

XP

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

....And please only post any given issue to *one* newsgroup unless there is
valid justification for posting to more than one - in which case you should
mention having done so in each posting.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac