Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Len_in_DC Len_in_DC is offline

Default Suppress Section Break (Next Page)

Hello,

I dont want a Section Break (Next Page)
after each mail merge. I tried filling up a page, with multiple items,
using next Record, but always after the last item, it generate the Section
Break.

Is there a way to turn that off?

Thanks in Advance, Len
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a catalog (or in Word XP and later, it is called a directory) type mail
merge main document instead of a form letter main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Len_in_DC" wrote in message
Hello,

I dont want a Section Break (Next Page)
after each mail merge. I tried filling up a page, with multiple items,
using next Record, but always after the last item, it generate the
Section
Break.

Is there a way to turn that off?

Thanks in Advance, Len

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

I have tried using the Directory in Word 2007, but it still puts each record
on a new page.

Any suggestions?

"Len_in_DC" wrote in message
Hello,

I dont want a Section Break (Next Page)
after each mail merge. I tried filling up a page, with multiple items,
using next Record, but always after the last item, it generate the
Section
Break.

Is there a way to turn that off?

Thanks in Advance, Len

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Beach Lover,

Unless you've got a Section break in your mailmerge main document, there's no way a Directory merge will insert one for you.

To see how to do use a Catalogue/Directory merge and what can be achieved with one, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod