Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

Default Deleting tables

I have created a table in word but cant delete it.

I can delete rows but the final box never goes.

Help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As well as selecting the table, select the paragraph mark after the table
and then press delete, or from the Tables menu, select Delete and then at
the next level, select Table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
I have created a table in word but cant delete it.

I can delete rows but the final box never goes.

Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bibico Bibico is offline

There is no table menu in Word 2007. The help feature tells me to click on
the table move handle and hit backspace to delete a table. That didn't work.
The 2003 and earlier Word versions had a "delete - table" command in the drop
down menu. Of course that's gone in the "improved" 2007 version. I've yet to
find how to delete an entire table. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

"Steve" wrote in message
I have created a table in word but cant delete it.

I can delete rows but the final box never goes.

Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bibico Bibico is offline

Thanks for your reply. After posting my question I looked in various places
and discovered that there's a delete command in the rows & columns group of
the layout tab. I'll never understand why there's no tables tab, but I guess
this is one of those things I'll get used to with time.

By the way, I found that you can also delete a table by clicking on the move
handle to select the table and then either using CTL + X or choosing "cut"
from the mini toolbar that pops up when you right click.

As usual, there are multiple paths to the same result, so it's kind of fun
discovering some new ways to do things.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond.