Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tee Tee is offline

Default Mail Merge - Data Source in MicroSoft Word

If someone in the office has created a mail merge data source and you need to
add more names to the source, how can you get to that data source without
using the person's computer in which the data source was created?

If someone can answer this question, ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If they created it from within Word's mailmerge function in Word 2002,2003
or 2007, the data source should be a file with a .mdb extension that you
should be able to identify, then copy from one machine to another (assuming
you are allowed to do that sort of stuff).

If it's Word 2000 or earlier, or Mac Word, the data source could be in a
number of formats, but it is most like a Word document with a table. You
should be able to copy that from that user's machine.

If they created the data source outside Word, then it could be anything, but
again, it will probably be something like a Word .doc or a .xls which you
can also copy from one machine to another.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk