Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DianeDrexel DianeDrexel is offline

Default Want different data in label sheet columns

Mailmerge w/labels question: I have labels that are two columns per sheet
(Avery5366). I want to have the first column to display "customer name/case
number" and the second column to display "document title". I have an Excel
spreadsheet set up with these three columns. The problem is that Mailmerge
automatically populates each label with nextrecord, so I get two columns
of the same datafields. I tried removing the nextrecord from the second
coumn and replacing it with the field I want, but then I only get every other
line from my spreadsheet. How do I set this up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What you did should actually work, assuming

a. you want

Record1 customer name/case number Record1 document title

Record2 customer name/case number Record2 document title

etc.

b. you have deleted all the Next record fields in the second column,
and not done propagate labels etc. again.

It's probably worth using Alt-F9 to see what fields you really have in your
document (e.g. maybe you thought you deleted something but it's now hidden
inside another field, or some such).
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk