Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mills Architect Mills Architect is offline

Default Unable to Mail Merge in Word2007-Outlook2007 After Office2007 SP1

I am running Office 2007 and have since beta testing days. My Office 2007
installation includes all Office apps, including Business Contact Manager.
Installed SP1 for Office 2007 when it became available (around 12-13-07).
The Office 2007 apps appeear to run fatser, which is nice. BUT, now when I
try to use Mail Merge in Word 2007, I get to the point of choosing address
book, which is going to be Contact Manager, Word closes down completely.
When I open Word again, the doc or docs which were open come back as being
recovered. That's nice, but I routinely use Mail Merge, which is a real time
saver. I need to have Mail Werge working.

Note: Mail Merge worked just fine prior to install of SP1. I have tried
using the repair functions available for MS Office 2007, but nothing makes a
difference. Whenever I try to merge, Word just shuts down at the point of
choosing an address to use for data.

Any help, thoughts, etc would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!
--
Donald Mills
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

FWIW I am still able to connect to Outlook contacts using this method in
SP1. However, I did have quite a lot of other problems with SP1 that caused
crashing, and although they are doubtless unrelated to your problem, it may
be worth trying what I did, which was saving and deleting the "data key" in
the Windows registry. For instructions, see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/index.htm

if you can. The stuff about the registry is about half way down the page.
Unfortunately the data key does store setitngs that you would probably
rather not lose, but there you go.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk