Jimmy

Default Names with dots

Hi all. We moved one of one servers from NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003. This
new server has thousands of shared Word and Excel documents. Many .doc files
have name with dots (example: Invoice1.5.6.doc). Clients use Word 2000 and
2002 and now report they can access those "special" files as read-only. They
have to rename the files with no dots and eventually they can open them
properly. This was not the case with the old NT 4.0 server. Any suggestions?