timbjokne

Default Mark index entry codes (XE) stay visible when I "unclick" the Par.

When I max an index entry and then try to hide them using the paragraph
hidden text button, it stays visible even when the paragraph and spce markers
disappear.

This does happen with other Word documents, but does not happen on other
computers with any document.

Anybody seen this before and is there a solution?

Thanks!
Jay Freedman

timbjokne wrote:
When I max an index entry and then try to hide them using the
paragraph hidden text button, it stays visible even when the
paragraph and spce markers disappear.

This does happen with other Word documents, but does not happen on
other computers with any document.

Anybody seen this before and is there a solution?

Thanks!

Look in the Tools Options View dialog. There are separate checkboxes for
Hidden and All (and several other things). When you click the ¶ button, that
changes the state of the All box, but it doesn't change any of the others. I
think you'll find that the Hidden box is staying checked. Clear that one,
and then the ¶ button will toggle everything on and off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

timbjokne

Thanks! Boy do I feel dumb. The fact that it did it on my copy and not on
anyone else's in my office threw me since we all just got brand new installs
of Office 2003. Apparently the install included a feature to remember all the
2000 settings.

Anyway...

Thanks again. I sure am glad I stumbled on this resource.